UPTE supports UC Career development
UNIVERSITY PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL EMPLOYEES has successfully bargained for career development opportunities for thousands of University of California professional and technical employees. We all deserve the chance to succeed. Join with UPTE.
- Upward reclassification of employee positions.
- UPTE provides training for reclassification.
- UPTE posts reclassification tools on our website.
- UPTE’s contract for research professionals includes an automatic reclassification review after two years for the job title Staff Research Associate I.
- A meaningful appeals process when reclassification requests are denied.
- Promotion to higher paying job titles. Guaranteed pay raises when reclassified or promoted.
- Transparent career paths, so that jobs in the same series have clear ladders from one level to the next.
- Cross-training so that employees share a knowledge base, increase their job-related skills, and can provide backup as necessary.
- Employer-paid training, including paid time off to attend internal and external classes.
SUPPORT EACH OTHER BY SUPPORTING THE UNION
If you haven’t yet signed an authorization card saying that you support UPTE for administrative professional employees, now is the time.