|It’s Our Time!
Administrative professional staff want fair wages, job security and to protect our
pensions and benefits.
It starts now.
Administrative professional employees at the University of California have had our wages stagnate, our job security threatened and have had little opportunity for advancement. At the same time our UPTE co-workers have received raises, weathered the furloughs and regularly get reclassified. It is our time!
We value our careers and the services we provide, so we, the administrative professional staff around the UC system, are joining together to stand up for ourselves and our constituents. We are launching a campaign to join with UPTE – the union for professional and technical employees at UC. We are collecting “authorization cards” and when enough eligible staff have signed these cards, an election will be held so that we can vote for UPTE. (Note: If more than 50% of us sign a card, a separate election is not required.)
- You should have received a mailing from UPTE that included an authorization card. If you support a union, please fill out the card and mail it back as soon as possible (postage is paid).
- If you didn’t receive it in the mail, you can download a copy, fill it out, and call us toll-free at 888-740-8783 to come pick it up.
- Have your co-workers sign a card or a petition and then call us toll-free at 888-740-8783 to pick them up.
- Call us toll-free at 888-740-8783 to get more cards to distribute at your worksite.
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Find out more about UPTE on our website.
This is an exciting time for administrative professionals. It’s going to take all of us to get a union, but the time is now. We can’t afford to wait any longer. Don’t delay, join in now!